skype related problems?

Dave Fear dfear at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 22:51:09 UTC 2004

Hi, folks

	Having problems getting skype to work with my Logitech USB headset on
ubuntu linux. I can run skype using alien'd skype-0.92.0.2-mdk.i586.rpm
or Dynamic binary tar.bz2, but i can't get skype to work with my
logitech usb headset, which i know work because i used it with skype
running on mandrake 10.0. On mdk 10.0 the headset was assigned to
the /dev/dsp1 when i plugged it in; before running skype.

1) skype + usb headset + mdk 10.0 = working
2) skype + usb headset + ubuntu = NOT working

Can anyone tel me if they have combination (2) working and how they
managed to getting it working.

any help on how to get skype working with my headset on ubuntu.

thanks!

Dave Fear :: dfear at blueyonder.co.uk