How to make d-i install GRUB to different HD?

Bob D. bob_beyng553 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 11:50:08 UTC 2004

To answer your question Bob, you can use expert mode for the
installation to install Grub onto the hard drive of your choice. When
you start your system using the Ubuntu CD, it stops at a splash screen.
This is where you'd press the Enter key to start the normal install
process. Rather than pressing Enter, type "expert" and then press Enter.
Now the installer proceeds step-by-step. At the Grub install step, do
not accept the installers choice. You'll then be able to select the
drive where you wish to install Grub.

Drop a line if you need any more help. :)

HTH,

Bob