IPv6 Wireless Problems

Brian Matsik brian.matsik at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 17:52:31 UTC 2004

I have a Centrino laptop which seems to be working fine except that I
cannot connect to the Internet.  Everything appears to work, but I
cannot ping.  I get a v6 address but no v4 style IP mapping.  I am
assuming I should recompile the kernel and remove IPv6 support, but I
cannot find the kernel sources.

I looked on the CD and using Synaptic, but I can't see where I can
recompile.  Yes, I am still new to Linux kernel recompiled and to date
I have had 0 luck getting them to work.

Any advice on being able to connect via wireless to Linksys/Belkin routers?