Linux Stand Alone Database?

Martin Maney ubuntu at two14.net
Sun Oct 10 17:16:04 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 02:43:55AM -0400, Brett Kirksey wrote:
> Thank you for taking the time to answer, but I hoped to avoid
> all of the "here's why there's a better solution" by making the

I think you do at least some respondents a disservice here.  Not all of
them have been trying to "educate" you.  :-)

> The question I was hoping to get answered is if there is a single
> binary/package/application with the database engine and gui
> front-end all together for Linux. I'm not asking whether it is a

If there is, then no one has found it yet - will that do?  I wish I
could remember where I came across a discussion of this very thing
recently, but no existing application was found there, either.

> Sorry if any of that sounds frustrated . . . it's 3 a.m. here
> and it's been a long night.

Been there, done that, sounded much worse than you do. :-/

So, assuming there is no such app, what's next?  I think that's the
step that many of those replying have been trying to take.

--
During much of that epoch [the thirties and early forties],
I gained my livelihood writing for the silver screen,