Video weirdness on Apple TiBook

Matt C matt at 30throad.com
Sun Oct 10 15:08:25 UTC 2004

Hi

This is my first posting to the list, so be patient with me.... :)

I've just installed the Warty image onto an Apple Titanium PowerBook
400MHz (with ATI Rage 8MB video). The text installation progressed
normally, and at the end of the process, updated packages were
downloaded and installed. I ran it overnight, and when I looked at it
this morning, twinkly music was coming from the machine (I'm assuming
*this* is intentional!), and the screen looked like it was in a
color-flowing screen saver (except that it was mostly white) - it
actually looked like some kind of video corruption.

Does anyone know what this could be? Are there any other steps I could
try at the bootstrap to fix it?

Many thanks!

Matt