Linux Stand Alone Database?

Super Donkey smurf_www at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 9 22:07:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 16:54:24 -0400, Brett Kirksey wrote:

> What I'm looking for is a stand alone GUI database app to build quick
> and simple databases with the db front-end built in--like FileMaker. I
> know all the pluses and minuses of FileMaker, and that's not the issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

You have gnome-db: http://www.gnome-db.org/ However I never used the
software nor have I heard much about it.

There is also this application from the Kompany (KDE) about who I read
some more (not often though). Its called Rekall:
http://www.thekompany.com/products/rekall/ But a very big but, it not free
software. You will have to pay about $70 for the download version, 150
bucks for the runtime and 50 bucks for an odbc lib and 200 bucks for DB2
lib. To expensive for my taste.

Those are the only two that I know except of doing the app in something
like python,perl or whatever what most linux people seem to do.