Rekall

Hubertus Hiden hubertus at hiden.org
Sat Oct 9 20:35:58 UTC 2004

Hubertus Hiden wrote:

> Hi list !
>
> Is anybody out there who managed installing Rekall (something similar
> to M$Access) on Ubuntu ? If yes could you please give me a few hints ?
>
> Thanks
> Hubertus

Hi again !

I've rekall 2.2.1 up and running - it only took about 7 hours for a
linux newbie %-)
Just in case someone is interested....
After installing missing packages where ./configure complaines,
configure has to be started with
./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 --enable-docs=yes
After make and sudo make install the following symlinks have to be created
/usr/local/kde/share/apps/rekall --> ~/.kde/share/apps/rekall
if omitted then rekall starts with only the help menu visible
/usr/local/kde/lib --> ~/.kde/lib
if omitted then rekall isn't able to establish a connection with mysql
/usr/local/kde/lib has to be added to the PATH - I managed it via
/etc/bash.bashrc

Once warty is finished I'll propably compile rekall again on a
production machine and write a howto.

Hubertus