Quake3 gamma settings

Nuno Sousa nunofgs at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 11:54:30 UTC 2004

I installed quake3 on my Ubuntu, and I'm a regular gamer, so I'm one
of those people who have a weird config file to make quake3 really
ugly :) . Anyway, Any value I put in r_gamma, is the same. It's like
r_gamma is locked at 1. But, if I press alt+enter and play in windowed
mode, r_gamma works with whatever value I give it.
I googled a bit but was unable to find the answer. I've played quake3
on a bunch of other distros and never had this problem.  Was just
wondering if anyone can reproduce this?

PS: I have an ATI radeon 9600xt and I'm using the fglrx driver btw.

--
Nuno Sousa