Firefox bookmarks gone! (more info)

Kevin Krumwiede kjkrum at comcast.net
Sat Oct 9 10:49:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:52:42 -0400
volvoguy <volvoguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's a strange one. I've been using Firefox/Firebird/Phoenix since
> it came into existance and I've never seen that problem (in Linux or
> XP).

I've been using it on XP since it was called Firebird, and I've also
never encountered this before.  Thanks for the tip about the plugin.
That reminded me: the only out-of-the-ordinary thing I did to Firefox
yesterday was running it as root (via sudo, not logged into X as root)
to install the Google Images search plugin.  Might be a clue. *shrug*

Krum