print 2 pages per sheet

Frank Daley interoperate at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 00:37:36 UTC 2004

I've the same question as Eyal

In KDE the "kprint" program provides a great looking GUI to specify
2-up / 4-up / 8-up & so on. Not sure if this is the correct techical
description, but kprint acts as the final print processor. No matter
what application you print from, it comes up at the final stage before
sending the job to the print spooler - thus allowing imposition
settings and so forth.

<rant>
Ideally, GNOME would have a standard print processing engine that all
applications used, which also incorporated features equivalent to
kprint.

Now, GEDIT brings up a different print option box to Open Office that
brings up a different print option box to Mozilla Firefox and so on.
</rant>

Tis really an issue for GNOME guys, but would be great to see added to
make Ubuntu a polished print platform.

-- Frank

> I am interested if there is already a builtin option, too.
> I have done it just a few minutes ago with the utility psnup from
> package psutils.
> You can pipe your ps-file to the psnup utility and then to lpr again.

thanks, but i'm looking for an option in the general case, that
integrates with gnome-printing if that's possible...