how to boot without X

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Thu Oct 7 01:33:01 UTC 2004

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 08:08:31AM +0800, John wrote:
>

>>That is your opinion. Judging from Red Hat's server configurations and
>>the tools RH has written to support the server configurations, there's a
>>substantial body of users who disagree with you.
>

> Our goals differ in fundamental ways from those of Red Hat, so arguments of
> this form are unlikely to carry much weight.

How are you off for decent character-menu-based configuration tools?

For all its money-grubbing ways, Red Hat's doing moderately well in
providing configuration tools for its environment.

SuSE's Yast is quite nice too. I can see why some rave about it.

With or without a GUI, ease of configuration is pretty important for
reducing TCO.