Help getting access to the internet

John Nehmetallah john.nehmetallah at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 22:47:56 UTC 2004

Hello first off i would just like to say that I am a linux newbie
(Ubuntu is my first encounter with it) and this is all a learning
experiance for me.  I have a DSL connection that i would like to
setup, but the problem is that i have no idea how too.

I use A router and it is hooked up to the ethernet port.  I have an XP
machine also on the network tho i dont think that matters.  It said it
detected the ethernet card plauged in and tried to do something with
my network through DHTP or something like that. im so lost and I need
all the help i can get.

Thanks again