device-mapper: : dm-linear: Device lookup failed

Andy ubuntu at arda.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 22:23:28 UTC 2004

Hi

I just switched to the K7 kernel (running on a Duron - that should be
OK, shouldn't it?) and now I get a load of error messages at bootup.

Here's an extract from the dmesg output - the device-mapper error
repeats 20 times in total.

Seems to boot up OK and nothing obviously not working - any idea what's
going on? It doesn't happen  if I switch back to the i386 kernel.