4.10

Eric L. Howard elh at outreachnetworks.com
Tue Oct 5 16:55:15 UTC 2004

At a certain time, now past [Oct.04.2004-07:16:09AM -0700], jdeloach23 at yahoo.com spake thusly:
> Will there be a way to upgrade to the new version or
> will i have to a whole new install?

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/support/documentation/faq/helpcenterfaq.2004-10-04.0024906685

--------8<--snip--------
Ubuntu release upgrades

Once I have installed Ubuntu, will I be able to upgrade to the next release?

Yes.

We fully support upgrades from one release to the next. For example, if you
installed WartyWarthog, you will be able to upgrade to HoaryHedgehog when it
is released, and from HoaryHedgehog to GrumpyGroundhog, and so forth in
perpetuity.

Note that this does not necessarily extend to certain situations involving
unsupported software, such as packages in the universe repository, or
software which you obtained from a third-party source.

This FAQ applies to: Any version

       ~elh

--
Eric L. Howard           e l h @ o u t r e a c h n e t w o r k s . c o m