Issues with ubuntu kernel

James Gregory james at james.id.au
Tue Oct 5 01:25:34 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I don't know if this has been covered -- I'm still about 1000 messages
behind on this list. I've been having trouble getting my ubuntu machine
to boot in a new and more different way. I'm seeing this message:

    usb 4-2: control timeout on ep0in

in the bootup sequence and then the machine appears to freeze; by which
I mean that I can't ctrl-alt-del or sysrq-sub to get it to restart. It
seems to boot ok if I mash at the keyboard during bootup. It has been
doing this for a while, though I can't remember precisely how long.

Here's the output of lsusb:

$ lsusb
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 005 Device 003: ID 046d:c504 Logitech, Inc. Cordless Mouse+Keyboard Receiver
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 07b5:0315 Mega World International, Ltd
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 04a5:0001 Acer Peripherals Inc. (now BenQ Corp.) Keyboard
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu 2.6.8.1-3-k7 #1 Thu Sep 30 14:54:51 BST 2004 i686 GNU/Linux

Let me know if there's anything else I can provide to help debug this. I
tried using 'noapic' and 'nolapic' since I'd seen some other users here
doing that, but it seemed to make no difference.

James.

--
James Gregory <james at james.id.au>