File sharing with windows

Joshua Bassett josh.bassett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 00:17:20 UTC 2004

Hi Jakob,

I'm pretty sure you need to include the name of the share you want to
mount in the url. Say for example you want to mount a windows share on
c drive, you need to use smb://thenameofthecomputer/c$ in nautilus.

ie. smb://thenameofthecomputer/thenameoftheshare

If you're using the command line to mount the share make sure you
escape the $ sign eg. smb://thenameofthecomputer/c\$

Hope this helps.

nullobject