Subversion update to version 1.08 or 1.1.0?

Eric SCHAEFFER eschaeffer at emahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 23:47:35 UTC 2004

Le lundi 04 octobre 2004 à 18:24 -0500, Scott Litvinoff a écrit :
> This question is mainly to the maintainers of the distribution:
>
> Do you guys have an ETA for when you will be upversioning the
> Subversion  packages to 1.08, or better yet, to 1.1.0?  I'm gettting
> ready to do an installation here at work on a server not based off of
> Ubuntu, and I'm trying to decide how I want to work this, since I'd
> ideally like to have the exact same version running on the server and
> all the clients.  I'm trying to decide if I want / need to build 1.08
> or 1.1.0 from source for Ubuntu meanwhile, and install the appropriate
> RPMs ont o the RedHat based server, or if I can expect that the Ubuntu
> built svn packages will soon be upversioned and I should just wait a
> few days.

I use svn 1.1.0rc4 on ubuntu, installed as a Debian package.
I've added the Debian experimental source repository to my sources.list:

## Debian experimental source
deb-src http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/ experimental main contrib
non-free

done an apt-get update (or synaptic "refresh") and get the debian
package source:

apt-src install subversion

(It downloads the package source to the current directory, and install
all dependencies to build the package)
then:

apt-src build subversion

and you've got a subversion 1.1.0rc4 debian package.
You can event build (manually) the javahl binding (needed for subclipse
Eclipse plugin).

Eric