Wine ?

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Mon Oct 4 14:36:18 UTC 2004

On 4 Oct 2004, at 15:20, Benjamin Edwards wrote:

> Somebody will probably correct me but all the OSS for running windows
> software are not very easy to set up, can only run some of the
> software and is not exactly suitable for novices. I spent ages trying
> to find something that would allow me to run IE (to test websites) and
> think there is nothing that runs dreamweaver. There are a few
> commercial solutions but I don't know much about them (vmware being a
> well known one).

I've never had much success with WINE, but have found Crossover to work
(www.codeweavers.com). I installed the trial version on Slackware some
time ago, and was very impressed with the ease of set-up etc. It comes
with a universal install script - not sure of the details, but it's not
a regular apt-gettable deb package.

According to their site, Dreamwweaver MX gets a bronze medal for
functionality.
http://www.codeweavers.com/site/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=14

HTH

John