adding extra drivers on install

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Sat Oct 2 00:09:38 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 01:59:14AM +0200, Christian Casimir wrote:

> >>lsmod

It looks like your hardware has been detected all of the correct drivers
have been loaded automatically.  Can you start from the beginning, and tell
us exactly the problem that you're experiencing?  Does sound and/or
networking not work?  What did you try, and did you see any error messages?

You started by asking for drivers, but you apparently already have all of
the drivers that you need.

> 3c59x: Donald Becker and others. www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html
> 0000:00:0a.0: 3Com PCI 3c556B Laptop Hurricane at 0x1400. Vers LK1.1.19
> PCI: Setting latency timer of device 0000:00:0a.0 to 64
>   ***WARNING*** No MII transceivers found!

Here's your network interface being detected, with a warning.  I think that
particular warning is harmless in this case, though.

--
 - mdz