GNOME bittorrent downloader

Eric Feliksik milouny at
Sun Nov 28 10:22:19 UTC 2004

> Matt Zimmerman Wrote:
> (...)
> A good solution would be not to build a GUI over BT or another protocol
> , but to create a P2P interface and have protocol plug-ins .

Then at least take a look at . That's exactly what
you describe. The point is, however, that I think a bittorrent client
just NEEDS a different interface from a kazaa-like client, to give full
functionality. But that problem can be solved by selecting a protocol in
the running client and adapting the user interface accordingly.

giFT is a daemon that uses protocol plugins to use different protocols,
and it uses a client of choice as user interface. I don't see much new
releases, so it's either because it's so good or because there's not
much attention anymore :)