Mirroring i386 locally

David Collett david.collett at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 05:04:56 UTC 2004

I ended up using debmirror, here is the command I used:

debmirror -p --nosource --host=mirror.pacific.net.au
--root=linux/ubuntu --method=http --dist=warty --arch=i386
--section=main,multiverse,restricted,universe /opt/ubuntu_pacific/

This will get all i386 packages from all sections (main, multiverse,
restricted and universe), but no source packages of the "warty"
distibution from the mirror "mirror.pacific.net.au" and create a
mirror in the local directory /opt/ubuntu_pacific.

This ends up being about 8GB of data. Now you can add a line in you
sources.list like this:

deb file:///opt/ubuntu_pacific warty main multiverse restricted universe

I'm sure there are other ways too, look at debian docs, as ubuntu is
just debian (as far as repositories/packages go).

Dave