Swat no longer installable!

zer0halo zerohalo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 17:14:27 UTC 2004

Marcus, that's odd, because I don't find swat 3.0.7...6.2 listed in
the warty-security/universe. In fact, I even browsed to
http://security.ubuntu.com and then looked at the list of packages in
the pool, and swat isn't listed. So I wonder how you got the listing
below?

also, what do you mean by aptitude performing installation manually?
I'm not familiar with that. I did try downloading the latest swat .deb
package (3.0.8) and got the same error mentioned in my earlier post.

Thanks for the help.

> I did an apt-get policy swat on my machine at got this result:
>
> swat:
>   Installed: (none)
>   Candidate: 3.0.7-1ubuntu6.2
>   Version Table:
>      3.0.7-1ubuntu6.2 0
>         500 http://security.ubuntu.com warty-security/universe Packages
>      3.0.7-1ubuntu6 0
>         500 http://archive.ubuntu.com warty/universe Packages.
> So, as far as I can see, 3.0.7-1ubuntu6.2 is in warty-security/universe
> repository and should be installable on your machine (same with samba
> package). If it won't install on your machine, use aptitude performing
> installation manually. That way should succeed.
>
> Greetings from Düsseldorf/Germany
> --
> Marcus Krüger

"Impossible is nothing."