DVD playback slow

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Fri Nov 26 10:28:51 UTC 2004

hi,
Am Freitag, den 26.11.2004, 10:10 +0100 schrieb Andreas Dittrich:
> [...]
on my good old 600mhz sony laptop it looks the same... a movie plays 1
or 2 mins and gets choppy for some secs....then it plays fine again for
some mins.... i found out that the crappy behavior goes away if i force
the dvd rom down to double or single speed.
i do this with:
sudo hdparm -E2 /dev/hdX

ciao
	oli