Grub question

Drunken Wallaby drunken.wallaby at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 08:35:41 UTC 2004

Hi there. I have a question concerning the grub bootmanager. The
bootloader is installed in the masterbootrecord of /dev/hda and I
currently have installed win2000 and ubuntu on /dev/hda. In the grub
bootscreen I can choose the operation system that I want boot into. No
problems so far.

However, for various reasons (work related) I have to install win xp.
I own a second hard drive /dev/hdb where I want to install windows xp
to. I am quite sure that xp overrides the masterbootrecord while
installing xp. Is there a way to install windows xp without
reinstalling both win 2000 and ubuntu and being able to choose which
os I want to boot into at the splash?

Thanks a lot for your help.