Lexmark P706

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 03:33:53 UTC 2004

> I'm trying to get my Lexmark P706 printer running on Warty. I found a
> driver for Linux on the Lexmark site, it was an RPM I installed via
> alien. The print is still not in the list of Lexmark options under
> printer setup.
>
> Any ideas?

is there a ppd in that rpm/deb file?  At one point In the printer
setup menus you can select the option "install driver".  If you
manually extract the ppd file from your rpm or deb package  you
should, in theory, be able to point that "install driver" menu toward
that ppd file to get your printer activated.

If you have already installed that RPM via alien  that ppd could be
already present somewhere in your system, but maybe not in a directory
expected by Ubuntu.