Dropping support for Mozilla suite?

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Mon Nov 22 15:20:27 UTC 2004

i would suggest caution in drifting away from support of
core mozilla engine if for no other reason than firefox
is a subset of moz and not the other way around.

ask netscape about this...

also i use it as a testing measure of forefox's
attrib's,,if its supposed to work on both moz and ff
and does work on moz and not ff, i need to chedk the cfg
of ff usually.

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com]On Behalf Of Sami
Haahtinen
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 3:30 PM
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Cc: ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Dropping support for Mozilla suite?

Hubertus Hiden wrote:
> I'm using Mozilla only for 1 reason. When receiving an email containing
> a link I can simply middle-click on the link an the webpage gets opened
> in a seperate browser-tab. I really hate having multiple browser windows
> open....
>
> If I'd know how to accomplish this with TB/FF I'd switch immediately

Open FF, go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Tabbed browsing  and set
"Open links from other applications in" to "a new tab in the most recent
window". Open TB -> click a link -> have fun!

Ok, i admit, this is for FF 1.0, but there is a way to do the same thing
with 0.9 or 1.0PR too (I've used the wrapper trick, let me know if you
want details)

-- Sami