partioning power pc and OSX/ubuntu dualboot

Romeyn Prescott prescor at digirom.potsdam.edu
Sun Nov 21 14:31:45 UTC 2004

At 8:50 AM -0500 11/21/04, Eric Dunbar scribbled:
>And, if you really want, MacOnLinux is apparently working under Ubuntu
>so you'll be able to run Mac OS X or Mac OS 9 in a manner similar to
>running OS 9 as "Classic" under OS X.

I can't recommend this strongly enough!!  Have two drives in your
computer (or partition one drive if you have to, but drives are cheap
these days) and make Ubuntu your default boot.  Set MOL to use
Console Video, drop to VT 2 and fire it up and it will run in VT 8 by
default.  Then you just switch back and forth between VT 7 and 8
whenever you want!  My office Mac (ydl) has been doing this for
years, and it's incredibly handy!!  Indeed, I would swear that the
Mac OS' speed is FASTER in this environment than when natively
booted!!

...ROMeyn
--
signat-url: http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/signat-url.htm