Rosegarden4 problems

Nathan S. farruinn at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 21 07:02:29 UTC 2004

Hi,

I tried using rosegarden4 but had some problems.  I'm running Ubuntu on
a powerpc so there were no binary packages available but it built and
installed successfully using the dpkg tools.  The first time I ran
rosegarden4 it wouldn't start and gave me errors saying it could not
create directories within ~/.kde (I think this problem has been posted
to the list before but wasn't resolved).  I checked, .kde was owned by
root:root.

Fixed that with chown and tried again (using --nosequencer to prevent
rosegarden from hanging while waiting for sequencer).  I now have a
problem with the notation editor.  When entering notes with the pen
tool some notes are displayed a fifth above where they were entered
(only certain notes though).  This happens consistently (and I believe
that I've had this problem with rosegarden4 under Debian).

I'm just wondering if anyone else has run across this - I can't find
any bug report for Ubuntu, Debian, or even Rosegarden4's own
sourceforge site.