It wasn't 'usbscanner' it was /sane.d/dll.conf and/or snapscan.conf

Roland Wegmann rowe_gnu at gmx.net
Sun Nov 21 01:05:53 UTC 2004

Hi again

I solved the never ending story of my scanner installation. The previous
email 'module usbscanner' was sent ten minutes too early. It wasn't a
usbscanner problem!! It is a sane.d/dll.conf or a sane.d/snapscan.conf
problem.

xsane (and all the others) work perfectly if I comment out each single
entry in dll.conf and snapscan.conf except the entries for my scanner
snapscan e50.

Nevertheless: Is there a module 'usbscanner' and should hotplug load
modules 'on the fly' (when the hardware is power on/plugged in)?

Thank you for your patience and help!!

Kind regards, Roland