Samba with Nautilus

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 19:54:29 UTC 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:55:47 -0500, Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar at gmail.com> wrote:

> No, it would be the actual name that you've assigned to that
> particular shared directory (thus, sharename). It doesn't have
> anything to do with the c: drive. So, if you call that share anaconda
> you'd be logging in to smb://viper/anaconda

I was going to mention that too. If you have names for the partitions
on the Windows machine (I often called the c: drive "system", another
drive "data", another "music", etc), when you just turn on
filesharing, it uses a default name like "C (data)" (or something like
that. Haven't used Windows in a while thanks to Ubuntu.). So if your
share has a name like that, you'll probably want to replace it with
something more simple (like just "data" or just "C").

Also, make sure the username you're logging on with has the authority
to access those files.

Don't take offense if I've oversimplified. Just throwing out a few
thoughts. :-) That's usually all I need when I ask questions myself.

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu