sun j2re broken

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Fri Nov 19 17:18:16 UTC 2004

hi,
Am Freitag, den 19.11.2004, 11:39 -0500 schrieb Michael P. Soulier:
> > https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/RestrictedFormats
>
> The blackdown repository, actually, which is what it suggests. I finally
> just grabbed the jre from Sun, which works fine.
as far as i read it, it suggests 5 different packages and 5 different
methods to install java...among them one that actually generates a
ubuntu package from the downloaded sun1.4 or 1.5 jre to keep it managed
with synaptic/apt...

...if you want a easy uninstall/reinstall possibility (including
automated setup of your environment and plugins) this may be the better
one, but if you just want to get it working as quick as possible, the
sun-jre.bin is surely a good choice :)

ciao
	oli

--