mplayer from hoary backported to warty

Alessandro Di Nicola al.dinicola at libero.it
Wed Nov 17 18:57:39 UTC 2004

Hello all,
because of the bugs of mplayer-custom of Warty (it doesn't work at all on my
K7 cpu), i have compiled the mplayer stuff (mplayer-k6, mplayer-586,
ecc...) from Hoary multiverse repository and bringed to Warty.

I have simply downloaded the devel dependencies and built the source
with apt-get source. It worked smoothly (well, the apt-get build-dep
process wasn't too smooth, but it was a kid work to grab the dev packages
by hand...).

I can test the package for some days and then upload somewhere... is
there a way I can upload the packages to Warty's multiverse (mplayer-custom
is REALLY bugged, it's near as useless for a lot of machines)?
Or is there a repository where I can put them?
Lots of people seems to ask for a good version of mplayer in Warty (and,
of course, they wants to stay with a stable release, not go to Hoary).

I know multiverse/universe are unsupported but this is the reason for my
post: I want (if I can, obviously) to support by myself the repositories. ;)

--
Ciao,Alessandro.