X-IMail-SPAM-Connection Re: X-IMail-SPAM-Connection Re: mer chandise

Hudson Delbert J Contr 61 CS/SCBN Delbert.Hudson at LOSANGELES.AF.MIL
Thu Nov 18 23:21:54 UTC 2004

dave,
i'm sure that the developers thought about when they
deciding how to theme the distro.
also if it works for a firm why is it any of your business
if you are the entrepreneur. lets get ladders and get over ourselves.

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com]On Behalf Of david
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 1:22 PM
To: Ubuntu Users
Subject: Re: X-IMail-SPAM-Connection Re: X-IMail-SPAM-Connection Re:
merchandise

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 20:33 +0000, Shango Oluwa wrote:
> "or remain using a distribution that was created from African sweat
> and monetary resources"

Er, hang on a minute.
That is not an accurate statement.
Maybe the money behind Ubuntu came from that place but the code is
global.

"I think that the philosophy attached to this distro, while admirable,
will only hinder its use and growth"

Not my experience thus far (though limited in extent) people have
reacted positively. It is refreshing because it's not a sales pitch.
Because there is no sale to make. It's refreshing because it's free and
given with a smile.

I am worried somewhat over corporate take up of this distro because it
enables them to further pretend to be humanitarian whilst actually being
capitalistic. This would be a bad thing. Let them stick to RHEL, JDS, &
SuSE.

/end rant

regards

David