gs fonts look like hell

Michael P. Soulier msoulier at digitaltorque.ca
Thu Nov 18 21:45:09 UTC 2004

On 18/11/04 Michael P. Soulier said:

> So, I'm trying to rebuild an old latex document. Doing so, and viewing
> it in xdvi, doesn't look great but it's acceptable. If I then convert it
> with dvips to postscript, or dvipdfm to pdf, it looks like absolute
> hell.
>
> I have no idea where to start looking for why these fonts look so bad.
> Any pointers appreciated. If I build it again my Fedora Core 1 box, it
> looks fine.

xpdf gives me some hints. Missing fonts maybe?

[msoulier at latte temp]$ xpdf callrecording.pdf
Error (3428): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (3428): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (3494): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (3554): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (3838): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (4021): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (4106): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (4225): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (4740): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (4947): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (5017): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (5017): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (5190): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error: Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry
Error (5478): Missing or bad Type3 CharProc entry

Mike

http://www.digitaltorque.ca
http://opag.ca      python -c 'import this'
Jabber: msoulier at digitaltorque.ca