New York City: Ubuntu Related Talk Next Wednesday

Benj. Mako Hill mako at canonical.com
Thu Nov 18 20:07:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 09:46:50PM -0600, panickedthumb wrote:
> > I'm not sure how many Ubuntites are in New York City but I figured I'd
> > throw this out here.
> >
> > I'm going to be giving a talk on Customizing Debian that will focus on
> > the work being done in Ubuntu next Wednesday in New York City for the
> > New York Linux User Group.
>
> Mako, you make me wish I were living in NY.

Certainly, I will be giving other Ubuntu talks and demonstrations in
other places and so will other people. :)

Of course, anybody can give a presentation showing off Ubuntu at their
local Linux User group!

There is a wiki page here with examples and resources of talks and
presentations that have been given before that you may be able to
build off: http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/Presentations

Information on that page is still a little sparse but I'll be updating
it with slides and notes from my talk yesterday and the talk I'm
giving next week as well.

If you are interested in giving a talk on Ubuntu or demonstrating it
at your local LUG, I'm happy to help you with getting CDs or with
putting something together. Feel free to email me or find me on IRC.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill