Problem changing monitor and mouse

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Wed Nov 17 21:54:45 UTC 2004

Jeramy Rutley wrote:
> I had a similar problem, which, I suppose, should be posted on Bugzilla.
>
> I installed U on my parents' computer, using my 19" monitor (1600x1200
> @ 85Hz), and they brought it home and couldn't get into X because of
> "out of sync" errors (I think that's what they said).  They have an el
> cheapo 17" normally running at 1024x768.

Same problem. It's those hard-coded frequency lines I showed commented out.

There's nothing that detects the moniutor change as kudzu did in RHL so
many years go.

If those warnings from xvidtune are for reall, this is going to blow
someone's screen up. (Of course, if those warnings are bogus they should
be removed).