Multisync packages for warty

Michael Banck mbanck at gmx.net
Wed Nov 17 17:28:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 04:16:13PM -0000, Richard Barry wrote:
> Anyone had any luck with these packages?  They installed without any
> problems, but now I'm not really sure how to actually use them to sync
> to my PocketPC.  I looked on the synce webpage on how to use the synce
> plugin for multisync, and it the howto mentions using synce-matchmaker
> to establish a relationship with the device.  It says to install the
> synce-rra package if I don't have the tool, but I don't see it on your
> archive Michael.

The rest of the synce-related packages appear to be in universe. There
is no synce-rra even in Debian. You probably should look at synce-dccm
and synce-serial (and perhaps librra0-tools/librapi2-tools from my
archive, dunno if they get dragged in automatically)

> Any help on using synce & multisync?  I'm basically looking to sync my
> pocketpc to Evolution.

As I said, I did not manage to get this workin reliably with USB on a
PocketLoox. It worked via InfraRed though (although that was on Debian,
not Ubuntu, but hey).

Please let me know how it works out for you.

Michael

--
16:34 <fabbione> xorg_6.8.1-0ubuntu1_source.changes is NEW
16:36 <fabbione> xorg_6.8.1-0ubuntu1_source.changes ACCEPTED