DVD playback slow

Andreas Dittrich dittrich at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 16 17:13:42 UTC 2004

Julio Biason wrote on 16.11.2004 2:06 Uhr:
>>About most of the load while playing dvds is X-Usage (60-70% of 100%
>>load). Divx and Xvid works flawlessly and I know my system was capable
>>of playing DVDs on Mandrake.
>

> Have you tried using sdl as video out?  (mplayer -vo sdl)

I did and it didn't help it. xvinfo gives me output so I think xv is the
way to go. A p700 should easily play dvds as I did play them on slower
systems. Maybe some kernel options not activated? I'm pretty clueless
atm :-(
And my girlfriend is going to switch back to windows if she can't watch
DVDs... aaaarrrrg ;-)

Andreas