How to list disks and mirror the boot disk

Enn Pee enn_p at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Nov 16 16:22:55 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have few additional internal hard disks and wanted
to mirror the boot disk to one of the internal disks
as a backup.

How to list all the available internal disks in the
system? I tried fdisk -l but it did not listed any
disks whereas the same command works on redhat. How do
I manually mirror the boot disk to one of the
available internal disks as a backup (using dd or some
other utility ??) . My guess is that if I have a
mirrored disk and if boot disk fails, then I can
physically swap the boot disk with the mirrored disk
and  hopefully i can boot without losing data.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

ennpee