OSS

Bryan Pizzuti bpizzuti at optonline.net
Mon Nov 15 14:51:51 UTC 2004

Ok, so wait a sec...why is it compiled into the Ubuntu kernel? ;)  Or
maybe something with the detection just got screwey...my GNOME volume
control shows an OSS audio device (Analog Devices AD1981B) and several
apps aren't playing sound...maybe they're trying to access this OSS
device, which I doubt exists.  DVDs won't play, SVGALIB and SDL apps
aren't making sounds.....but anything else (mostly X-based stuff,
including X-MAME) plays fine.

I'll see what happens with this PentiumM kernel I'm compiling does.
Once again OSS is all yanked out, only this time around I left most of
the others stuff alone (and left my wireless as a module....that's what
didn't work the last time).