Array CD 1

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Mon Nov 15 10:51:51 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 12:58:06AM +0800, John wrote:
> I've not yet seen one of your official CD packages but I assume it
> includes source on CD in compliance with the GPL para 3.a). That's what
> Red Hat does.

We don't include source on the CD itself, because it doesn't anywhere
near fit; the source takes up a CD and a bit, in fact. A mirror of the
set of source packages producing the set of binary packages on the CD is
currently the most straightforward approach.

> If you already have a procedure in place to create a source ISO, then I
> don't see that running it and publishing the result is a big deal.

We do, sort of, but it's raw and untested at the moment.

However, you're right that source ISO images would be useful in some
contexts, and they've been on my to-do list for a while. I'll see what I
can do about them today.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]