Screenshot menu entry

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 21:56:56 UTC 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:39:02 -0500, Brian Puccio <brian at brianpuccio.net> wrote:

> > > you meant apt-get install ksnapshot, right? ;)
> > > >
> > So what happens if you are running the default <gnome>
> > Does it install a million kde things??
>
> brian at alpha ~ $ sudo apt-get install ksnapshot
> Password:
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
>   kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelibs4 libarts1 libartsc0 libnetpbm10
>   libqt3c102-mt menu menu-xdg netpbm
> Suggested packages:
>   khelpcenter libqt3c102-mt-psql libqt3c102-mt-mysql libqt3c102-mt-odbc
>   kdelibs-bin kdelibs-data kdelibs4 ksnapshot libarts1 libartsc0
> libnetpbm10
>   libqt3c102-mt menu menu-xdg netpbm
> 0 upgraded, 11 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 17.4MB/20.3MB of archives.
> After unpacking 64.7MB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
> Abort.
> brian at alpha ~ $

Hey, I'm a Gnome kinda of guy. Do an apt-get -s install ksnapshot. If
you don't like what you see, then nothing gets installed.

If you don't mind what else gets installed, do it again without the '-s' part.

I much prefer Gnome apps, but I feel that a screen shooter that won't
do user-defined regions is useless to me.

If Ksnapshot needs a few extra KDE things to run, then this is to be
expected. It's not like a disease, or something.

Bottom line is it's your system. If you think ksnapshot would work for
you, great! If not, then stick with what does.

Best to all!

David

--
Registered Linux User #297958