Screen resolution and no sound!

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Fri Nov 12 16:46:33 UTC 2004

Drew, Bill schrieb am 12.11.2004 16:40

While pressing ALT and clicking the left mouse button you should be
able to draw the window.

> My preferred resolution
> would be at least 800 by 600. I am new to Linux in a graphical interface
> and don't know where to proceed.

Maybe your graphic chip is just too old for a resolution higher than
640x480? I had a similar problem some months ago with an i486 Dell
test machine; resolutions higher than 800x600 were not possible.
Change of the graphic card solved it.

HTH

Christoph