mondo rescue backup solution pulled ;( alternatices please

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 15:39:25 UTC 2004

I was looking for and old message on the list about backup progs and I
found the one I was looking for.  It mentioned
http://www.mondorescue.org/ which I have looked at before and seemed
excellent.  I went to the website and found the message below.  Anyone
know of any good alternative backup solution in the Free Software
arena?

Ben

>From http://www.mondorescue.org/

Due to legal actions brought about by FastServers.net against one of
our developers, Mondo as of now is terminated.

If you want me to re-open the Mondo project, please e-mail Travis M.
Schaffner (travis at fastservers.net) at FastServers and tell them to
leave Ray Sanders alone.

Until FastServers stops harassing this valuable contributor to the
Mondo project, the project cannot continue. If you value Mondo, tell
FastServers to back off. The termination of this project is a direct
consequence of their vindictiveness.

Ben
--
Ben Edwards - Poole, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of