Suggestions on packages to add to Ubuntu "main"

AndyGates ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Nov 11 14:50:22 UTC 2004

Winmodem drivers for the common hardware would earn y'all a big hug and
a pint of Old Nasty from me.  As a newbie I don't want to compile stuff
and have found it damn tricky to do (unsuccessful so far).

Overall I'm dead impressed to see an OS, Office suite, GIMP, browser
and mail on one CD.   It's just that hardware support that's making
life hard - and the assumption that everyone will be able to get online
to download modem drivers (!).

--
AndyGates