X.org not using xfree86 xkb files?

janne jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Wed Nov 10 08:01:06 UTC 2004

tis 2004-11-09 klockan 23:44 -0800 skrev Daniel Stone:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 02:57:40PM +0900, janne wrote:
> > TO get my keyboard running, I need an edit
> > in /etc/X11/xkb/keycodes/xfree86. With X.org installed in Hoary, this
> > edit still works fine while in GDM (keyboard works as expected in the
> > password dialogue), but once logged in, my changes aren't taking effect
> > anymore. The xorg.conf file is correct (unchanged since before the
> > change).
> >
> > I'm not absolutely sure it is xorg itself that is to blame, of course,
> > but something being pushed in the last couple of days did cause this.
>
> Um, try editing /etc/X11/xkb/keycodes/xorg?

There is no such file, and the config files are all the same (pointing
at the same files) as for the older installation. On your suggestion, I
tried just making a copy of xfree86 to xorg, but no difference.

It clearly is reading them sometimes - As I wrote, while in the login
screen/gdm, the keyboard works as it should.

Could the gnome keyboard setup be interfering with this in some manner?
I have it set exactly the same way I had before the update.

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science
http://lucs.lu.se/people/jan.moren    Lund, Sweden