iPod

Alf Eaton a at pmbrowser.info
Wed Nov 10 00:12:36 UTC 2004

I'm using hoary, and when an iPod is plugged in via USB it mounts at
/dev/sdb3. The problem is that I can't get access with normal user
permissions.
/etc/fstab is mapping /dev/sdb3 to /mnt/ipod, using the hfsplus file
system (it's Mac formatted), but the times I can get it mounted gtkpod
isn't able to read or write anything unless it's run as sudo.
A lot of the time it doesn't even mount, just says '/dev/sdb3 is not a
block device' (but I'm not sure what's different in those cases).

Has anyone been able to use an iPod satisfactorily with Ubuntu?

alf.