Firefox One Point Oh!

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 22:42:14 UTC 2004

Hi Christoph!

I'm with you - I didn't wait for Hoary either, but I also didn't want
to be the technical support contact for people that might break things
by using an unsupported browser. :-)

I do something similar to you, but I keep all my personal and
unsupported apps in a "bin" directory in my home account:

/home/aaron/bin  (then)
/home/aaron/bin/firefox

And simply add a different launcher for that version. It's not a clean
install either, but it helps me remember which one I need to blow away
if it starts misbehaving. :-)

Aaron