Thunderbird 0.9 for Ubuntu?

Christoph Georgi christoph.georgi at web.de
Mon Nov 8 00:57:12 UTC 2004

After installing the firefox, my bookmarks and everything were already
imported. I assume, the firefoxPR is using the same folder in /home as
the firefox version which shipps with ubuntu.
Now, can I remove the Thunderbird/Firefox packages which ship with
Ubuntu? I reckon Firefox should not be completely removed (purge) as I
need the .mozilla-firefox folder. But other then that...? Or do the new
versions need some stuff that comes with the older packages?

Christoph

@zerohalo: if you want to keep all your settings and emails, don't
bother with the symlinks.. just rename the .mozilla-thunderbird folder
to .thunderbird in your home directory, as 0.9 looks in .thunderbird.
That's it.