WARTY review

Travis Newman travis at moneyburger.com
Sun Nov 7 21:50:02 UTC 2004

>VERY good point. However, for windows people can download simple
>executables that install them. For Ubuntu there is apt or difficult
>things for people who are new to linux. Which means that it is easier to
>install it on windows if there is nothing in the repository and thus
>people will tend to like windows better (crude statement, but I hope you
>get the point).

Good point on your part. It's basically a problem with the vendors
lacking Linux support. RealPlayer and Flash are relatively easy to
install using the default installers from the website, but the others
just don't seem to care about Linux at all. Basically, not trying to
PLACE blame really, but if it has to be placed, it seems like people
blame Linux for the software vendors' shortcomings. Not saying you are,
but the average Joe Sixpack Windows user.

Travis